FAA STC Approved!
Same Composite Construction, Redesigned for Better Ride Quality
The VHA 206B Version 2 main rotor blades use the same carbon fiber materials and construction methods as our initial 206B main rotor blades, which received FAA STC/PMA in 2016, and 206B/L/OH-58 tail rotor blades, which have been available as an STC/PMA aftermarket component since 2009. All of these blades feature corrosion-resistant carbon fiber skin and spars, an efficient NASA-designed laminar-flow airfoil, tapered tip, and leading edge abrasion strips.
The main design difference between the initial 206B main rotor blade (Part Number 20631000-101) and Version 2 (P/N 20635000-501) is the carbon fiber ply count and orientation. Ply adjustment along with changes to the mass distribution provides a softer ride (similar to our 206L main rotor blade).
The service life of the 206B Version 2 main rotor blade is 10,000 hours—twice the life of the OEM blade—with no required blade overhauls. The VHA blades use the identical installation configuration as the OEM blades, allowing direct replacement without hub modification.
VHA 206 main rotor blades are now flying in more than a dozen countries on four continents. Some customers are reporting overall aircraft speed increases of 3-5 kts using the VHA main and tail rotor blades on LongRangers and JetRangers.
Since our blades are different by design, there are a few differences with installing and flying our blades. For more information, read our 206B Main Rotor Blade READ ME FIRST document.
For a downloadable flyer in PDF form, click the image at right.
– FAA STC SR02732LA issued August 12, 2020
– 10,000-hour service life (double the life of the OEM blade)
– No overhaul required
– Dual trim tabs
– Efficient NASA RC(4)-10 laminar flow airfoil
– Corrosion resistant composite materials
– Lightning strike protection
– Stainless steel and electroformed nickel abrasion strips provide leading edge fidelity and erosion protection
– No new equipment needed for installation, tracking or balancing
– Approximately same weight and dimensions as OEM blade
– Each set shipped with trim tab zeroing tool, set of tie downs, and two blade crates.
Length – 188.0 inches from tip to end of grip plate
Chord – 13.0 inches
Thickness – 3.308 inches (at Grip Pads)
Part Number and Pricing Information
The VHA 206B Version 2 main rotor blade is available direct from VHA and through our distributor network.
– Part number: 20635000-501
– Replaces Bell part numbers: 206-010-200-133, -137, -139, -145, -149, -151
– List Price: $63,000 per blade
Three-year/3,000 flight-hour warranty against manufacturing and material defects (excludes damage due to erosion)
Blade Track and Balance Information
Our VHA 206B main rotor blades are shipped in balanced pairs. However, static and dynamic balance may be performed in the field in accordance with the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness.