A Stronger, More Efficient Choice
If you’re still flying metal blades, experience the difference new technology can make on your UH-1. VHA’s composite UH-1 tail rotor blades use an advanced cambered airfoil that improves stall margin, increases tail rotor authority and decreases vibration.
The VHA UH-1 tail rotor blade features carbon fiber spar and skins, fiberglass root fittings, and a stainless steel abrasion strip. The all-composite construction results in a lighter but stronger rotor blade that resists both corrosion and impact damage. Although VHA’s UH-1 tail rotor blade is nearly one-inch wider than the OEM blade, no modification to the tail rotor hub is required for installation.
– FAA STC/PMA certification for most UH-1 models (see model list below)
– 2,400-hr service life (double the life of the OEM blade)
– More efficient Boeing VR-7 airfoil (same as used on the CH-47)
– Carbon fiber spar and skin, fiberglass root fittings, foam core, stainless steel bushings
– Replaceable stainless steel abrasion strip
– Lightning protection mesh
– Tail rotor diameter same as OEM blade
– Chord width 9.24 in. (23.5 cm)
– Thickness 1.10 in. (2.8 cm)
– Weighs 0.50 lbs (.23 kg) less than OEM blade
Length – 45.60 inches
Chord – 9.24 inches
Thickness at Grips – 1.74 inches
Part Number, Pricing and Warranty Information
The VHA UH-1 tail rotor blade is available through our VHA distributor network.
– VHA Part Number 2042200-101
– Replaces Bell Part Number 204-011-702-15
– List price $13,200 per blade
– Lifetime warranty against manufacturing and material defects (excludes damage due to erosion)
VHA composite tail rotor blades are certified for installation on the UH-1 models listed below.
– Arrow Falcon UH-1H
– AST UH-1F
– Garlick UH-1B, UH-1F, UH-1H, UH-1P, TH-1F
– Hagglund UH-1H
– International Helicopters UH-1B
– Northwest UH-1H
– Overseas Aircraft Support UH-1B
– Robinson Air Crane UH-1F, UH-1P, TH-1F
– San Joaquin Helicopters UH-1B
– S.M. & T. UH-1B, UH-1H
– Southwest Florida Aviation UH-1B, UH-1H
– Tamarack UH-1F, UH-1H
– Williams UH-1H
To download the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC), Approved Model List (AML), Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) or Flight Manual Supplement (FMS) for your UH-1 Model, Please visit our Documents page.